Our 2012 Over The Edge New Mexico
You are invited to raise a minimum of $1,000 in pledges in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime experience of going over the edge of one of Albuquerque's tallest office buildings.
Go to www.OverTheEdgeNM.com and you will get to rappel 16 stories down the side of the New Mexico Bank and Trust building in downtown Albuquerque...and be a fan of SONM athletes by helping raise funds to support year-round sports training and athletic competition for more than 2,600 children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Don't want to rappel, create a team and send someone over but still earn cool gear.
Training and rappelling is supervised by Over The Edge USA certified rope professionals. Rappellers will receive an exclusive Over the Edge long sleeve t-shirt.
We have partnered with Stone Age Climbing Gym www.ClimbStoneAge.com to provide rappelling classes at no cost to early registrants of Over the Edge. The dates and times of the classes are Sun Sept 16th from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm and Mon. Sept 17th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Please call 341-2016 to register by Tues. Sept 4th as classes are limited to 20 participants. The address, driving instructions and location of the climbing gym are on their website.
New Mexico Bank and Trust (The Gold Building) - Downtown Albuquerque, NM
Friday, September 21, 2012 from 9 am to 4 pm
Take advantage of our online contribution system and create your own giving page and encourage friends, collegues, neighbors, high school/college alumni and your family to pledge on a secure site with a credit card.
- Set your goal high and continue to adjust the goal and be our top "Fun-Raiser" for the year.
- Connect your giving page to your Facebook account.
- If someone chooses to contribute with a check or cash, write "OTE" on the checks (or note for cash) along with your name. You can enter the "amount raised off-line" on your giving page.
- How to meet and exceed your $1,000 in one week
- $72 per story x 16 stories
- $5 per foot x 230 feet
- $10 per supporter x 100 supporters
- Ask, call, email or meet with people and ask them to support you with a contribution by visiting your page.
- Click HERE for more information on fundraising incentives and levels.
- Minimum of $1,000 in pledges and/or donations per rappeller. Rope times will not be assigned until the minimum is met.
- You must have a minimum of $1,000 in online or collected donations by Sept.16, 2011 - No Exceptions.
- Participants should wear close fitting pants (no cargo or baggy pants) and a long-sleeve shirt. Click HERE for more information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the date of the event.
- Must weigh at least 100 lbs., but not to exceed 300 lbs.
Law Enforcement Torch Run
Over the Edge is one of many events hosted by Law Enforcement to benefit their charity of Special Olympics.